Wednesday, February 11, 2004

On Wednesday, February 11, 2004
he received a letter from Will of You Shall Know Our Velocity. "Dear Pete," wrote Will, "you wrote asking about the appropriateness of emotional restraint, about how we know when to leave ourselves vulnerable and when to play it cool. I decided at age twelve, after first getting the whole thing explained to me, that I would no longer express or be party to any human emotion. I watched the TV news and wanted to disassociate myself. I renounced my membership. I would be a better human by stripping myself of human weaknesses. I would be a better human by not raising my voice, by not crying, by not being angry, or sad, or annoyed, or excited. I was tired of staying up at nights waiting for dawn, wondering what would happen if I slept, who would come to kill me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home